Thursday, April 28, 2011

Dia de la Abby #48: Jelly Belly Bean Skull

This past Sunday was Easter. For part of the day, I made a skull out of Jelly Belly Beans.


In a way, this was a family project. My parents and brother insisted on making me wash my hands before touching the jelly beans that mom had already been touching with unwashed hands, so I did. I requested a piece of plastic wrap, so I wouldn't be spreading jelly beans on an unclean surface. Mom ripped me off a large piece. She suggested that I used a cookie sheet instead of her counter top, so the skull would show up better. I dug a cookie sheet out of the drawer, laid the plastic wrap on it and dumped jelly beans on the work surface. I started pulling out the dark colors, so the skull would be bright. Russell (my brother), said I should separate the colors out. I could have done that, but I've seen some great ones with separations, and didn't want to do that same things. That, and I wanted to finish quickly, so I could watch Alex hunt for eggs. Also, there was pie waiting. Pie is good. After I was done arranging them, while my family watched and snacked on jelly beans, I put all the beans I touched, back in the jar! This was a tasty project.


Every week in the 4.0 year, I will post my own Dia de la Abby posts as well as a tutorial with instructions on how I made my piece. Hopefully you feel inspired by my posts just as I was by Noah's Skull-A-Day 1.0 daily project. Need more of me than just a weekly dose, follow me on Twitter and/or Facebook.

No comments: