Friday, November 26, 2010

Super Black Skull-A-Day

James Swagerty from Albuquerque New Mexico sent us this collection. He said: “I freaking love your site. I find it interesting that so many people are finding skulls in everyday life. I decided to submit some of my doodles and painting mistakes as entries to skull-a-day.”


“A happy accident with India ink and acetate.”

“Me playing with some India ink on acetate...just
laying down some texture..and next thing you know I see a skull so I
slopped that one to a finish.”

“An intentional skull with alcohol marker on acetate. Kind of cartooney but fun nonetheless.”


“This is a doodle while I was working on an illustration project. I would flip back over to an opposite page and drop some lines to keep my pen lines moving clean...after a few strokes doing
that...I saw a skull emerging...so I finished it out.”


Early Bird C said:

I freakin’ love your work. My favorites have to be the India ink on acetate, there is such a wonderful spectral quality about them, that reminds me of work that may have appeared in one of the Vertigo Comic titles in the early 90s. Thank you for submitting your work for us to share.

1 comment:

James S said...

Thank you guys so much for posting my work..I have been published with great company!! Love the blog...follow me at jamesswagerty.wordpress.com

mulah1KROM