Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Snow Skulls

Yesterday was Groundhog Day here in the US. It appears the boys (Staten Island Chuck , Liburn Lee , and Punxsutawney Phil ) weren’t able to agree this year on what is ahead for the next six weeks. Therefore, today’s skulls can either be a celebration of the winter weather departing or a reminder of more winter weather yet to come

First up Sage wrote: “Tis the season! Here is a paper snowflake skull that I made. I call it ‘I Heart Skulls’. Hope you enjoy! Thanks for all your inspiration! Peace, Love, and Skulls!”



Sxykat-from “the left coast of Canada” sent us a link to a digital snowflake she created.



Doishy from Bristol, UK said: “Very simple skull drawn on the second day of snow ( which is so rare these days ) I have been meaning to do a skull some time so finally did. PS: The Meow is from my cat Shadow.”



Stephen Eidson told us: “A fresh snow had just fallen on Lexington, Kentucky... I couldn't resist from adorning my friend's car with a skull.”



Last for the day, Magician/Illusionist Ash Adams said: “I took these pics of my '74 VW Bug, after the freak snow storm in Fort Worth, Texas on Christmas Eve 2009. The teeth are the vent grill. It's ‘Volk-Art’.”



Precipitation C says:

Thank you all for submitting your skullrific work. You have proven that snow and skulls do mix, and I am sure there are many more out there just waiting to be created. If the above wasn't inspiration enough, you can see the foray into snow skulls by the Skull-A-Day 3.0 editorial staff: Skullmaster here & here, Tatman, and Citizen Agent. The prediction as to what the weather will be like here for the next six weeks can only be summed up one way- A 100% chance for skulls each day.

No comments: