Thursday, April 21, 2011

Dia de la Abby #47: Flower Petal Skull

I'm working on a wedding order. I thought these flower petals looked like little bows and would make a neat skull.




These are hand painted poppy petals, so I could make a custom color for a client, as I couldn't find a flower in the correct color. This will be a completely custom flower, as poppy flowers normally have just 4 petals. I'm going to cut them apart and rearrange them into a wider flower shape. Then, sew them in layers to make a fantasy flower, complete with beaded center and peacock feathers. Finalized photos will show up on my Azurafae Facebook Page. Also, if any of you would like custom hair accessories and veils for weddings, any special occasion, or just because, send me a message on my Facebook.


Every week in the 4.0 year, I will post my own Dia de la Abby posts as well as a tutorial with instructions on how I made my piece. Hopefully you feel inspired by my posts just as I was by Noah's Skull-A-Day 1.0 daily project. Need more of me than just a weekly dose, follow me on Twitter and/or Facebook.

No comments: