Thursday, November 4, 2010

Dia de la Abby #23 - Sugar Skull Make-up

In the spirit of Halloween weekend, Dia de los Muertos and Skull-A-Day, I decided that this year, I needed a skull inspired costume.


The make-up is inspired by sugar skulls and La Calavera Catrina (The Elegant Skull). The makeup took about an hour and a half to apply, but was well worth the time and effort. Other than the bottom lip area, it held up really well for the 7+ hours I wore it. If you would like to learn how I did my make-up and see some additional photos of it, read the tutorial. I made my hair flowers, which clip into my braided hair ring. I'm wearing a vintage black Mexican dress. My drop earrings, which compliment my hair flowers nicely, were made by Veronica Roo's Valuables. My husband and daughter also had skull like make-up. Photos of them can be seen on my blog, later today. I hope you all had a great weekend too. If you had a skull inspired make-up, please submit it to us. We would love to share it.


Every week in the 4.0 year, I will be post my own Dia de la Abby posts as well as a tutorial with instructions on how I made my piece. Hopefully you feel inspired by my posts just as I was by Noah's Skull-A-Day 1.0 daily project. Need more of me than just a weekly dose, follow me on Twitter and/or Facebook.

No comments: