Friday, January 29, 2010

[Flashback Friday] 30. 45 Minutes of Cartoon Skulls

Flashback Friday is a weekly countdown of the fan selected top 52 skulls of Skull-A-Day 1.0. Each week I'll be posting an original skull along with some additional commentary in order from lowest to highest rated, with the #1 skull appearing in the last week of year 3 of the project...

#18: 30. 45 Minutes of Cartoon Skulls


I've never been very good at cartooning so I decided to do this piece as an excuse to practice. I really only intended to do this exercise for a few minutes, but I just kept going. Once I was done I realized I should have made the whole thing into the shape of a skull. A few months later I had the opportunity when I was asked to make a piece for the Halloween Skull Mask Project.

No comments: